Each year, the Sheila Hugh Mackay Foundation provides one grant cycle to assist in the promotion and development of visual arts within the province of New Brunswick.
Special Project Funding proposals should respond to clearly articulated needs within a New Brunswick visual arts community such as:
- having a meaningful impact on the cultural climate of New Brunswick
- providing opportunities for creative exploration and education
- supporting the creation of public art
- promoting New Brunswick artists through critical writing or other documentary media
- creating or enhancing networking opportunities for artists
Preference will be given to projects that:
- present measurable goals and outcomes
- have partnership potential
- provide a project leader or director
- present clear timeframes and implementation strategies
- target a specific need within a community
- identify evaluation criteria
2012 Project Proposals Deadlines
- Initial concept letter should be postmarked by January 20, 2012.
- Invitations to submit full proposals will be issued by February 3, 2012.
- Full Proposals must be postmarked by March 2, 2012.
- Projects must be completed within a year of the funding or at a mutually arranged date.
Download PDF for further details: Special Project Funding 2012 Application